Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Two Weddings and a Day of Recovery

This past weekend, we attended two weddings (one Friday night and one Saturday). Friday the wedding and reception took place at the Mill City Museum, a very neat venue for a wedding. It was unfortunate that the skies were rainy because it would have been an absolutely beautiful place for an outdoor wedding. Fortunately, that did not dim the spirits of the Bride and Groom who seemed to soak up and enjoy every minute of their big day. Saturday, the wedding was preceded by a very neat slide show of pictures of the couple from infant to current. It was a neat way to introduce the Bride and Groom to the audience. Both weddings were beautiful and both couples looked so happy to be embarking on their new adventure together. Eric and I found ourselves thinking back to our wedding day and remembering our happy moments. We also found ourselves feeling rather a part of the old people crowd. This is the first time I have attended a wedding and really felt old. On Saturday the Bride and Groom, their wedding party and all of their friends just seemed so young to me. I am finding that the older I get, the younger everyone else looks... Maybe it's due to my upcoming birthday, or maybe it's due to the pregnancy hormones. Either way, it's a new feeling for me. But the thing that makes me feel old the most is the fact that it took all day Sunday for us to recover from all of the festivities. Somehow, I just wore myself out. I guess it's hard work eating good food, talking with friends, and sitting in a chair watching two people commit themselves to one another. We have one more wedding to attend this summer, in mid-July. I wonder what new feelings and experiences that wedding will bring...

No comments: